Join Kerrie & the team on our rooftop
Enjoy a 45 minute Pilates Mat-work class in the fresh open air.
Feel the breeze on your skin while you work your body. Then, reward your good work with a glass of bubbles, a view of the city lights and some quality Pilates talk amongst friends.
A short insight about the origins of the mat-work and how the studio practice evolved will follow over a glass of bubbles.
Register for our next Rooftop Series
Benefits of Pilates with the Infinity way
As I have aged and gone through the various stages of my life … I find Pilates has been invaluable. Jenny McCartney, Camberwell, Melbourne
Faithful to the vision of Joseph Pilates, Infinity links the physical teaching and learning of the discipline to body, mind, and spirit at every level.
When you choose Infinity Pilates, you become the hub of an integrated complex of people, systems, and philosophy. Its purpose and intent is the attainment of your optimum life.
That you undertake Pilates in a studio rather than a gym or work-out space is no coincidence. Infinity studies and teaches a discipline that helps you reach what you want most, not merely what you want now.
Your choice, our gift
By choosing to embrace our principles, Infinity Pilates gives you a platform and a space from which you can develop your body and your mind. It frees you to explore the purpose and potential of your self, a gift that can translate into a full and meaningful life.
Our five principles, and the outcomes they deliver, are:
- Language-verbal and non-verbal cues that deliver clarity in pursuit of postural alignment and define effective movement pathways
- Biomimicry-lessons drawn from the natural world reposition your awareness of force, resistance, control, and flexibility
- Breath-led energy-synchronised breathing and movement boosts strength, coordination, and awareness
- Attentiveness-focus and deliberation multiply the interaction of physical movement and mental concentration
- Spatial awareness-the combination of these four principles promotes an internal connectedness that automatically translates into a sharpened alertness to external alignments.
When you apply these principles whole-heartedly, the benefits soon add up:
- Enhanced core strength, muscular length and reach, and postural improvement
- Boosted internal systemic integration
- Improved functional movement and flexibility
- Better circulation, coordination, and balance
- Heightened resistance to injury, infection, and mental health issues
- Enriched self-confidence and well-being
- Expanded self understanding and empathy with and for others.
Rewards of knowledge
Like any discipline, these benefits flow as a natural consequence of commitment to learning, knowledge, and action. The more you absorb and practice the principles, the better your body and mind integrate in a growing structure of mutual reward.
In time, you will notice a different pattern of thinking and mental alertness governing your every movement in life, not just in your Pilates class.
Pilates was recommended to me by a physiotherapist because of a lower back problem I developed as a result of flying distances on business for about 20 years.
For the last eight or nine years, I have not had a problem with my back that has restricted me from any activity, including long haul flying or driving long distances. I attribute this recovery entirely to Pilates. Sonnie Lipshut, (78) South Yarra, Melbourne.
Experience first-hand how Pilates develops body and mind, then benefit further from the purpose and meaning it brings to your life. Call Infinity Pilates Studio 03) 9534 6233 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org